Thursday, January 5, 2012

TIP: PX70 Review!

New year! NEW POST!

Happy 2012 everybody! I've been super busy with school and work so it is true that I have left this blog on the back burner. But hey whenever I have time I still wanna keep up to date with all the great things that are happening in the instant photography world.

I finally took the time to record a short video on the new PX70 film from the Impossible Project.
Here is the video:


TEST SHOT SCANS AFTER THE BREAK

Here are the test shots:
*those annoying undeveloped spots on the top are caused by inconsistent spreading of the chemicals. I need to check my rollers on the camera or it can be because the film pack was old or just a dud*


Here is a comparison of three shots taken with different variables. The first shot on the very left is taken with the camera's exposure dial set all the way to dark and facing down to develop. The middle photo has the dial set all the way to darken but was developed faced up, not protected from light. The photo on the far right is taken with the exposure dial set in the middle and facing down to develop.

I was really surprised to find that the shot I didn't shield from light turned out actually pretty okay. TIP (The Impossible Project) always says its CRUCIAL!!! that you shield your film from light while it is developing, so develop it facing down.

The lighting condition was really sunny, so you can see that the photo with the dial set to the middle is pretty overexposed. The perfect exposure setting for this condition would be in-between mid and full darken.


This photo was taken with the exposure meter set to the middle. The colours turned out pretty good and I think this was perfectly exposed.


This one was taken with the meter set in the middle but as you can see, it is WAY over exposed for my liking.

So after my little test, I have concluded these things.
1. TIP recommends we dial the exposure meter all the way to darken on our cameras when shooting this film. BUT I think you have to make your own calls on this one. I actually like it overexposed a bit, so I will probably be leaving the dial in the middle.
2. Even though that one shot that I left developing facing up turned out okay, it is best practice to shield your film from light and let it develop facing down.

No comments:

Post a Comment